Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekends



I loveeee the weekend. I work so hard all week that as soon as the weekend comes I want to jump up and down. But with weekends comes choices. If I had it my way I would spend the whole time just chillin. Watching tv, reading my favorite libros, maybe going to the movies. But I have a hyper 6 year old, and a boyfriend I don't see too much of, plus chores and errands I can't do with my 50 hour work week. So every weekend I am being pulled in too many direction. Mi'hijo wants to "go out and go somewhere fun", usually involving playgrounds or amusement parks. When I go out with my boyfriend, he wants to stay out half the night because he says if we go home I fall asleep right away. Then there is the cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping, haircuts, play rehearsal's (for my son), and the thing I dread the most; laundry. Man, can't a chica get some rest?? To top it off, I am supposed to be putting in a few hours of "work from home", reviewing cases, getting the lawyer ready for court, etc. So, every weekend is this balancing act of trying to get my rest on, complete all the domestic things, and make up for hardly seeing my child all week. Ay, I miss weekends being time to sleep in and play outside all day.

Seriously, if I would have known back then that weeknds would be so hectic, I would have slept a whole lot more, and played a whole lot more. Now, don't get me worng, it's not ALL bad. I get to sleep about an hour more than weekdays, I can sneak in the occasional nap, and I love being able to make my son happy. I even love going out with my boyfriend half the night, because it reminds me of the old days when I would party all night, and it's nice to spend time with him.

Now, it's Sunday once again. House is clean, but laundry and grocery shopping weren't done. My son got to go to an indoor playground and wear himself out for a few hours, and I got to finish my book of the week (Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P. Newton). But my son woshes he got to do "more", adn i just want to nap. Ehh, growing up is hard work, mi amigos.

Let's see what the week brings.. Ten una buena semana!!

No comments: